Haiti – Covid-19 : Cardinal Chibly Langlois, health measures during liturgical assemblies
In a note addressed to priests, members of religious communities and lay faithful, Cardinal Chibly Langlois, Bishop of Les Cayes reminds the health measures to reduce the risks of the spread of Covid during liturgical assemblies
Note from Cardinal Chibly Langlois :
For some time now, there has been a strong upsurge in Covid-19 cases in our country.
Faced with this situation, we owe it to ourselves to act as responsible people in order to be able to reduce the risks of contamination in our liturgical assemblies.
We therefore come to remind you of your obligation to apply certain measures taken during the first wave of the pandemic in our country.
- Installation of a device for washing hands at the entrances to churches and parsonages;
- Wearing a mask compulsory for ministers and the assembly;
- Maintaining physical distance by reporting on the benches and marking on the ground in the main aisles of the Church;
- Disinfection of the hands of the faithful who are going to receive Communion and of those who must handle the liturgical material;
- The quest must be done after Communion;
- Receptions during patronal festivals are prohibited.