Haiti – Politic : Who is Ariel Henry ?
The new Prime Minister of Haiti, Dr Ariel Henry (71) https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-34274-haiti-flash-ariel-henry-prime-minister-of-haiti-official.html will be installed with the members of the new Ministerial Cabinet https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-34275-haiti-flash-new-ministerial-cabinet-official-list.html this Tuesday, July 20, 2021 at 3:00 pm at the Prime Minister’s Office.
In order to learn more about Ariel Henry, we are posting his “Curriculum vitae” (C.V.) for the benefit of our readers.
“Curriculum vitæ” of Dr. Ariel Henry Prime Minister of Haiti :
Ariel Henry was born on November 6, 1949
University education :
- Doctoral thesis in medicine, University of Medicine of Montpellier, France, presented in January 1982.
- Post-doctoral studies in “management methods for international health” (16 credits), Boston University, Boston, USA (February – May 1990).
- Masters in Public Health, International Health option, Loma Linda University, USA (1989).
- Neurophysiology, University of Medicine of Montpellier, France (1982-1984).
- Certificate of EEG, University of Medicine of Montpellier, France (September 1983).
- Neuropathology, University of Medicine of Montpellier, France (1981-1983).
- Neurosurgery (March 1977 – December 1981).
Professional hospital course:
- Head of the neurosurgery department at the Bernard Mevs Hospital (October 2014 to date).
- Consultant in neurology / neurosurgery at the Center for Disabled Children of Saint-Vincent, Port-au-Prince, Haiti (December 1987 – January 12, 2010).
- Neurosurgeon at the Hospital of the State University of Haiti (November 1987-1996).
- Administrator of the Hôpital Adventiste d’Haiti (March 1985 – June 1987).
- Assistant in neurosurgery as a foreigner in the neurosurgery department B of Professor Philippe Frèrebeau, Gui de Chauliac University Hospital in Montpellier, France (October 1983 – February 1985).
- Assistant in neurosurgery as a foreigner in the neurosurgery department A of Professor Claude Gros, Gui de Chauliac University Hospital in Montpellier, France (January 1982 – December 1983).
- Resident in neurosurgery with Professor Claude Gros in Montpellier, France (March 1977- December 1981).
Administrative and political functions :
- Minister of Social Affairs and Labor, Republic of Haiti (September 2015 – March 2016).
- Minister of the Interior and Territorial Communities, Republic of Haiti (January 2015 – September 2015).
- Chief of staff to the Minister of Public Health and Population, Republic of Haiti (June 2008 – October 2011).
- Member of the cabinet of the Minister of Public Health and Population, Republic of Haiti (June 2006-September 2008).
- Vice-president of the Council of the Wise (March 2004 – May 2006).
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Ecumenical Service for Mutual Aid (SOE), a Haitian NGO dealing with agriculture, health and community development (1992-1999).
- Assistant Director in charge of ADRA-Haiti programs (1992-1996).
- Director of the nutritional rehabilitation clinics project for AD RA-Haiti (January 1986 – November 1989).
- Director of health for the Adventist Church for Haiti, the French West Indies and French Guiana (October 1987 – April 1989).
- Administrator of the Adventist Hospital of Haiti (March 1985 – June 1987).
- Director of the ADRAHaiti Child Survival Project in Urban and Rural Areas (November 1985 – January 1992).
- Consultant to ADRA-Haiti for the evaluation of its PL-480 Program (1998).
- Consultant to PAHO / WHO (1993-1996).
- Advisor to the Minister of Health of the Republic of Haiti (March 1993 – February 1995).
Teaching functions :
- Professor of neurology at Quisqueya University, Portau-Prince (October 1999 – January 2010).
- Professor of neurology at the State University of Haiti, Faculty of Medicine (October 1990 to date).
- Tutor in the Off-Campus Master of Public Health Program at Loma Linda University, California, United States of America (summers 1989, 1990, 1991).
- Professor of psychophysiology at the State University of Haiti, Faculty of Human Sciences (November 1988 – June 1996).
- Professor of neurosurgery for surgical residents of the Hospital of the State University of Haiti (October 1987 – March 1995).
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery at the Gui University Hospital of Chauliac, Montpellier, France (January 1982 – February 1985).
- Professor of neuroanatomy at the Private Nursing School of Montpellier, France (September 1980 – June 1981).
Membership of scientific committees :
- Member of the Scientific Unit for the management of the Covid-19 crisis (March 2020 to date).
- Member of the national polio eradication assessment committee in Haiti since its creation in March 1990.
- Associate member of the French Society of Neurosurgery since 1984.
See also :