Haiti – Security : New actions and security measures announced
Saturday April 17, during the meeting bringing together at the invitation of the new Prime Minister Joseph, the employers’ associations of the private sector (*) CCIO, CCIH, AMCHAM, ADIH, CFHCI and ATH https://www.haitilibre.com/en/news-33510-haiti-insecurity-employersassociations-respond-to-the-invitation-of-the-new-prime-minister-ai.html Léon Charles, the Director General ai of the National Police of Haiti (PNH), has them informed of various actions and concrete security measures to come, to ensure the safety of the population, fight against the phenomenon of kidnapping and allow the country to find an environment conducive to economic development and investments.
Actions and measures :
– Increase in the budget of the PNH;
– New equipment already ordered which should arrive shortly;
– Reinstatement of the National Intelligence Service;
– Establishment of additional points of fixed police stations in sensitive areas;
– Increase in the resources made available to the Police;
– Creation of a 31st promotion of police officers.
(*) CCIO: West Chamber of Commerce and Industry
CCIH: Haitian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
AMCHAM: American Chamber of Commerce of Haiti
ADIH: Association of Industries of Haiti
CFHCI: Franco-Haitian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
ATH: Tourist Association of Haiti